2014 & 2015 Healthy Cooking Week
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup almonds
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 T coconut oil
2 T almond milk
5-6 pitted medjool dates
1-2 T water
Preheat oven to 350. In a blender, combine the almonds and the oats into a fine
Place that mixture in a bowl with the flour.
Add all the wet ingredients minus the water in a bowl.
Add wet to dry.
In a food processor mix the dates and a bit of water until they form into a paste and
Roll the cookie batter into little balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
Once all the balls are rolled, press them flat with your palm.
Once all the cookies are flat, take your thumb and put a print in each cookie.
Spoon a bit of the date paste into each thumbprint and bake in the oven for 11-13
Spaghetti Squash with meat sauce
1 medium spaghetti squash
1 pound of grass fed chop meat
1 med onion diced
1 C of plum tomato diced
1 can of tomato puree
1 glove of garlic
Pinch of salt
1 T chopped fresh basil/parsley stems removed
In a sauce pan add dice onion and sauté, add beef and break up. Cook
till slightly pink, add crushed garlic, diced tomato, tomato puree, salt,
chopped fresh basil and parsley. Reduce temperature to med low and
continue to cook till meat is no longer pink and sauce is hot.
Meanwhile cut squash in half widthwise, place spaghetti squash cut
side down in a bowl filled with a little water. Place plastic wrap over
bowl and heat in microwave for about 10-15 or until fork pierced
thorough skin is soft. Remove from microwave be caution of steam
when removing the plastic wrap. Allow to cool and taking fork shred the
inside of the squash. Place in plate add meat sauce, and organic cheese
1 cup fresh strawberries
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
1 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice strawberries and place in bowl. Sprinkle lightly with 2 tablespoons of coconut
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
4. Add coconut oil and eggs to the strawberries.
5. Add both bowls together and mix until just combined.
6. Stir in pecans and transfer mixture to greased loaf pan. Bake for 45–50 minutes or
until cooked through.
Garden Vegetable Fritatta
3 Tbsp coconut oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 small yellow squash, chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 medium size red/ green pepper, chopped
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp fresh garlic Garlic
8 eggs, beaten.
1/2 cup grated, raw cheese
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium oven-proof skillet, sauté the onions in the coconut oil until soft and
transparent. Add chopped vegetables. Sautée until they start to soften.
3. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, salt, pepper, cheese, parsley and basil and stir
4. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet. Bake in oven for 35 minutes.
Cauliflower Mac n Cheese
1 large cauliflower head, cut into small florets
1/2-3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup goat’s milk cottage cheese, pureed
1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 cups grated sheep’s or goat’s milk cheddar cheese, plus additional for topping
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 8” x 8” pan with ghee.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until slightly tender,
about 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Spread in prepared pan.
3. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, mix together kefir, cottage cheese, and
mustard until smooth.
4. In a saucepan over medium high heat, mix together the cottage cheese, kefir and
mustard until smooth
5. Stir in cheese, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder until cheese just starts to
melt. Pour over cauliflower and stir. Top with additional cheese if desired and bake for
Quinoa Chicken Nuggets
3/4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2inch pieces
⅔ cup flour
1 teaspoon salt + ¼ teaspoon pepper
3 eggs + 2 tablespoons water
2 cups cooked quinoa
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a baking sheet. In a small bowl whisk flour,
salt, and pepper. In a second bowl whisk eggs and water. Place quinoa in a third bowl.
Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture, then eggs, and lastly in the quinoa being sure
to coat well. Place on prepared baking sheet.
Spray chicken nuggets generously with cooking spray (this helps the nuggets to get
crispy but can be skipped if you prefer) and bake for 15/20 minutes until nuggets are
cooked through and browned.
2 ripe banana mashed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
sea salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Pour batter into a pan with olive oil over medium heat.
Cook until small bubbles form and then flip.
Strawberry Pie Smoothie
1 C unsweetened Almond Milk
½ cup of frozen strawberries
1 T vanilla pudding dry
1 T unsweetened coconut flakes
1(5.3 oz) Vanilla coconut or almond yogurt
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend
Olive oil spray
1C plus 2 T light spelt flour divided
4 T organic unsalted butter, cold
6 T organic evaporated cane juice, divided
2 Meyer lemons, zested and juiced(about 2 t zest and ½ cup juice
2 large eggs
½ t baking powder
Pinch sea salt
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray an 8 inch square baking dish with organic cooking
In a food processor combine 1 c of flour, butter and 4 T cane juice and pluse till
you reach a course like mixture, 8 to 10 pulses. Spoon mixture into a baking dish and
firmly press into bottom spreading evenly. Bake until fine cracks appear and edges
begin to brown 10-14 mins
meanwhile in a large bowl combine lemon zest, juice, eggs, 2 T flour and 2 T cane juice,
baking powder and salt. Whisk until ale yellow and well combined 45 to 60 secs.
Remove crust from oven and pour lemon mixture on top, spreading evenly.
Bake until set, 10-12 mins. Let cool completely in dish, cut into 16 squares
- Place all ingredients, except oil, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Let stand a few minutes until batter thickens.
- If batter is too thick to pour easily, add some water.
- Heat oil in frying pan or skillet.
- Pour batter, by 1/4 – 1/2 cup, into pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- For waffles: Pour into a heated waffle maker and cook for 10 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons plain dry breadcrumbs,
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil(saute not extra virgin)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 10-ounce package spinach, fine diced
- 1 3/4 cups rice milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces (2 cups) whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat an 8-inch-square (2-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix breadcrumbs, oil and paprika in a small bowl. Cut up spinach or put in a food processor and pluse few times.
- Heat 1 1/2 cups rice milk in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until steaming. Whisk remaining 1/4 cup milk and flour in a small bowl until smooth; add to the hot milk and cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce simmers and thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Cheddar until melted. Stir in cottage cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta for 4 minutes, or until not quite tender. (It will continue to cook during baking.) Drain and add to the cheese sauce; mix well. Spread half the pasta mixture in the prepared baking dish. Spoon the spinach on top. Top with the remaining pasta; sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake the casserole until bubbly and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.