2016 Spring Session #2
Banana cinnamon Streusel Bread
• 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1 egg
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons buttermilk or milk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease one loaf pan
2. Mix sugar, oil, egg, vanilla, buttermilk, and bananas in a mixing bowl. Combine completely.
3. Add in flour, soda and salt.
4. Pour into the pan.
Making the Streusel
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Amounts are approximate. Pour 1/2 batter into pan and sprinkle half streusel mixture. Then add balance of batter and sprinkle remaining Streusel on top. Bake.
1 cup HERSHEY’S Syrup
1 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes (optional)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1¬1/4 teaspoons baking soda , divided
2 ¬3/4 cups all¬purpose flour
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk *
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine , softened
2 cups sugar
DIRECTIONS Follow our easy step by step directions for a tasty result 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12 ¬cup fluted tube pan or 10 ¬inch tube pan.
2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Stir together flour, l teaspoon baking soda and salt; add alternately with buttermilk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
3. Measure 2 cups batter in small bowl; stir in syrup and remaining 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Add coconut, if desired, to remaining vanilla batter; pour into prepared pan. Pour chocolate batter over vanilla batter in pan; do not mix.
4. Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool l5 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely; glaze or frost as desired. Makes 12 servings.
Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place roll-ups seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6
Homemade Quick Sauce
1 28 oz Can of crushed tomato
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 small Vidalia onion dice
1 clove of garlic finely crushed
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon fresh oregano finely chopped or dry
1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh basal finely chopped
Heat pan with tablespoon of olive oil. Add garlic, onions and saute for few mins. Add crushed tomato sauce, can of paste, pinch of salt, parsley and oregano. Cook till sauce is heated thur, add basil. Use over pasta
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipe