Rising Stars Moms
Tequila / Mango Shrimp
1 Mango chopped
½ Red Onion chopped
2 Tbs butter
1 ½ lb Peeled raw shrimp
½ cup tequila
½ cup fresh cilantro
Salt & pepper to taste
1 box Philo dough
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until light brown. Place shrimp in the pan, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in tequila, and season with cilantro, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add fresh ingredient/serve in baked philo cups
CHICKEN SATAY WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE
2 Lbs chicken breasts sliced to skewer marinated in 1 lemon, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1 Tbs salt, 1/2 Tbs pepper, 1 Tbs olive oil. Skewer the chicken cook in a grill pan for 3 min on each side. Make the peanut sauce below. Serve on the side.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons red chili paste, such as sambal
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
Thread the chicken pieces onto the soaked skewers working the skewer in and out of the meat, down the middle of the piece, so that it stays in place during grilling. Place a grill pan over medium heat and brush it with oil to prevent the meat from sticking. Grill the chicken satays for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until nicely seared and cooked through. Serve the satays on a platter lined with lettuce leaves and cilantro; accompanied by a small bowl of peanut sauce on the side.
Combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, red chili paste, brown sugar, and lime juice in a food processor or blender. Puree to combine. While the motor is running, drizzle in the hot water to thin out the sauce, you may not need all of it. Pour the sauce into a nice serving bowl and garnish with the chopped peanuts. Serve with chicken satay.
Co Co Strawberry Shortcakes
• 2 (16-oz.) containers fresh strawberries, quartered
• 3/4 cup sugar, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
• 1 cup whipping cream
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 tablespoon coco powder sifted
• 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• 3/4 cup cold butter, cut up
• 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
1. Combine strawberries, 1/2 cup sugar, and, if desired, almond extract. Cover berry mixture, and let stand 2 hours.
2. Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add 2 Tbsp. sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Cover and chill up to 2 hours.
3. Combine flour, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, coco powder and baking powder in a large bowl; cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two forks until crumbly.
4. Whisk together eggs, sour cream, and vanilla until blended; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Drop dough by lightly greased 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet. (Coat cup with vegetable cooking spray after each drop.)
5. Bake at 450° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
6. Split shortcakes in half horizontally. Spoon about 1/2 cup berry mixture onto each shortcake bottom; top each with a rounded Tbsp. chilled whipped cream, and cover with tops. Serve with remaining whipped cream. Garnish, if desired.
7. Strawberry Jam Shortcakes: Prepare recipe as directed. Before topping shortcake bottoms with strawberry mixture, stir together 1/4 cup strawberry jam and 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint. Spread cut sides of bottom shortcake halves evenly with jam mixture. Proceed with recipe as directed.
PEAR & CARMALIZED ONION CRUSTINI
2 Pears sliced
1 Large yellow onion
4 Tbs butter
1/2 Tbs salt
1/2 Tbs sugar
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
1 loaf french bread-sliced
Saute the pear, onion in the butter. Add the sugar to carmilize. Toast the bread brushed with olive oil for 8 min. Assemable the mixture on the toasted bread. Top with cheese broil for 4 min. Enjoy!